Catching your onward train
from Melksham, data sampled at 26/01/2020 20:13:08
|Schedule ||expected ||platform ||coaches ||no. stops  ||Operated by ||train destination|
About our onward trains page
Trains from Melksham run though the day and into the early evening to Chippenham and Swindon, and to Trowbridge and Westbury. Where you can change for a wide variety of other destinations. But which platform will your connection be leaving from, what destination do you need to look out for, and will your train be running on time?
This page provides you with departures from Melksham, and also connections at some of the major interchange stations that you may find yourself at - arrive at Bristol Temple Meads and look for your onward train to Lawrence Hill, for examples - is the next Bristol Parkway train calling there, or do you need to find a train for Severn Beach or perhaps for Avonmouth? And which platform will it be leaving from ...?
News and Upcoming ....
Emergency contacts •
Nest MRUG public meeting|
18th March 2020 - see [here]
Sundays in January 2020
- due to engineering works, buses replace trains. Timetable here
Current timetables - January 2020
Train times [here]
Most bus times Faresaver
Bus times [First D3] - [here]
Other bus times Swindon's Bus Co.
Other bus times Town Bus
Long distance coach National Express
No changes expected in February or March
Rail fare pages - updated for 2020
Local fares [here]
London fares [here]
Bristol and Bath fares [here]
Day out and rover tickets - 2020 prices awaited
Report on 2019 and plans for 2020
- Pick up a copy of our report at area board, council and MRUG meetings in January or email to ask for a printed copy. Also availabe for download here
Report on reduction of station dwell time
– three specific ideas for Melksham proposed by the Melksham Rail User Group in reply to request for suggestions from Mark Hopwood on 18th July 2019 for input by 24th July 2019 - [[here]]
New "Great West Way Discover" tickets launched
- travel as much as you like on selected routes, two of the tickets include Melksham - great for a Staycation or for visitors to the UK who are staying with you for a while. There are now 10 different rangers and rovers that include Melksham - see [here]
for a list including maps and prices.
Forum latest new topics
* Rail v fly - Southern England to Scottish Lowlands
* Gipsy Patch Lane Bridge
* Stanmore to Charing Cross - direct.
* Close to each other, but unconnected ... trains and buses, Melksham example
* Westbury Station - a review of changes on Station Approach
* Facilities for long distance coach passengers
* The effect of more bums on seats