Melksham Station is now served by up to 18 trains per day, and it's the gateway to the town for many new visitors.
As part of the Great British Spring Clean, the Melksham Rail User Group with support from the TransWilts CIC are organising a Litter Pick and clean up at Melksham Station starting from 10 a.m. on Saturday 13th April 2019.
If you are available to help, we would love to have you join us on 13th April.
We are arranging for a Great Western Safety Briefing on 22nd March (provisionally set for 14:45, lasting on hour) and if you come along to tht you can also get a station safety clearing so that you can help with things like the planter all through the summer. Sorry you missed 22nd - but only 1 of the 9 zones needed the briefing so don't worry - get in touch and come along. Hoping to set up a station specific briefing soon anyway.
Please email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), leave a message on our MelkshamRUG Facebook page, or call 01225 708225. The MRUG co-ordinator for this event is Graham Ellis.
We will be litter picking and cleaning
* The station platform
* The parking area outside the platform
* The Station car park
* The verges and road edges of Station Approach
We will be tidying the planter, washing the signs and station fixtures, and writing up an audit log where follow up activity is needed
We will be borrowing litter picking equipment courtesy of the Town Council. Please come sensibly dressed in long trousers and wearing stout shoes.
Current timetables and advice
Bus and Train Timetables - August 2020
Covid Travel advice - August 2020
News and Upcoming ....
28.7.20 Car parking changes - ((here))
August 2020 newletter ((here))
Next physical meeting if we can - 16.9.2020
(online too, that is for certain)
but please get in touch before if you wish!
Melksham Public Transport - Newsletters
* August 20 Newsletter - ((here))
* July 20 Newsletter - ((here))
* June 20 Newsletter - ((here))
* May 20 Newsletter - ((here))
* April 20 Newsletter - ((here))
2019/20 Annual Report (28.4.2020)
Knorr Bremse press release (27.4.2020)
Bus updates • Resources
35 Years Young - 13th May 2020
Online celebration - details
Picture are online ((here))
Passenger number predictions
How many passengers will be using Melksham Station in 2026 and in 2036? Neighbourhood plan input. See ((here)) for the web page or ((here)) for a printable version. Written 24.2.2020
Report on 2019 and plans for 2020 - Pick up a copy of our report at area board or council meetings or email to ask for a printed copy. Also available for download here
* 11th August 2020 - Coffee Shop Tuesday Club
* Strengthening to Weymouth
* One in five Brits say they would consider [rail] commuting by bike, finds survey
* Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea
* Where was Bmblbzz buzzing around on Sunday?
* 4th August 2020, 16:00, Tuesday Club
* All towns are equal, but some are more equal than others