As I write (29.6.2019) ... last weekend, Shaw Fair, this afternoon Melksham Carnival, next weekend Semington. The busy season. Network Rail have specified a change from Orange to Pink Hi-vis for volunteers and the Melksham Rail User Group is amongst the first to wear these
From 1999 but still relevant in 2019
• To ensure a continued rail service at Melksham
• To increase the train service provided at Melksham
• To encourage train operators to provide connections with other train services such that a wider choice of journey opportunities by rail is available from Melksham
• To improve and enhance the facilities at Melksham station
• To seek improvements to the route between the town and its station
• To support initiatives aimed at increasing the use of the railway for freight and passengers generally, in order to reduce road traffic in west Wiltshire
• To increase local awareness of the advantages of rail travel and greater use of public transport
• To promote integrated public transport in the Melksham area
An update from 2016
• To represent the interests of passengers and other users of Melksham station on railway and government bodies, and to act as the prime conduit for feedback to those organisations, both through direct contact and through the TransWilts CIC
• By membership of the TransWilts CIC, to support the permanent provision of, and expansion to, the rail service at Melksham
• To lead Station Adoption activities at Melksham to facilitate, and where appropriate implement, enhanced amenities, including application for funding where applicable, for such improvements.
• To encourage use of Melksham station by individuals and business users, including promotional events
• To analyse actual and potential Melksham station users travel plans, and hence recommend potential improved connections
• To increase awareness of, and provision of integrated public transport more generally in Melksham and the surrounding area
• To educate users in all safety related issues and regulations
News and Upcoming ....
download printable timetable to May 2021
Lockdown - Melksham times / mostly correct.
21:36 Saturday Swindon-Westbury not running
Some connections thinned out
Notes for 13.1.21 ((here)), minutes ((here))
Next MRUG meeting - 17 March 2021.
Input to bypass consultation - ((here))
|4 Sept 20 / Car park - pay cash or phone in to RingGo 0203 046 0060 / location code 21575. ((details))|
* You can't do that with OHLE!
* Pictures of first and last journeys of GWR bus in Weymouth
* Top ten worst places to live in England - comes to GWR land this year!
* No services between Taunton and Exeter 27/2/21- WW2 bomb
* Finding resources from (or mirrored on) the Coffee Shop
* TransWilts CIC. Annual Members and Stakeholders Meeting. Thurs 3rd June 2021.
* Signalling the Reading to Basingstoke Line?